1. PLEDGE OF MEMBERSHIP
Every member shall take a pledge of fidelity to the Party in the form prescribed by the General Council. (See attached Specimen).
2. CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
Each Applicant for Membership must:
- be sponsored by at least two members of the Party;
- pay such application fees and subscriptions and comply with such conditions as may be prescribed by the General Council from time to time;
- accept and conform to the Constitution, programmes, principles and policies of the Party;
- promote and defend the programmes, principles and policies of the Party at all times.
3. OBLIGATIONS AND RIGHTS OF MEMBERSHIP
Â Â GENERAL OBLIGATIONS OF MEMBERSÂ
Every Member must:Â
- pay an initial fee, an annual renewal fee and such subscriptions as may be prescribed by the Central Executive.Â
- attend Group meetings regularly and punctually, and other Party meetings and manifestations at which his/her presence is required. Â Â Â
Â Â RIGHTS
- have a right to participate fully and constructively at the appropriate forum in all discussions and debates which are intended to lead to policy formulation and to decision making,
- have a right at any forum, to explanations of decisions of that forum or any other forum supervised by it.Â
Â Â MEMBERSHIP TO CEASE ON NON-PAYMENT OF FEES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
- Any member who is more than three (3) months in arrears of fees and obligatory subscriptions shall be deemed unfinancial and shall forfeit all the rights and privileges of membership but such a member may be reinstated automatically on the payment of all outstanding indebtedness within a further three months.
Thereafter, a member in default for non-payment of obligatory subscriptions may be reinstated by the CentralÂ Â Â Executive Committee only, on the payment of his/her current indebtedness and on such other terms and conditions as the Committee may deem to be appropriate.
- Groups may arrange for members to pay their subscriptions on an annual, monthly or weekly basis; provided that, where members elect to pay on an annual basis, such payment shall be made in advance.
Â Â DUTY TO RENEW MEMBERSHIP
- Membership shall expire on the last day of May every year.Â
- It shall be the duty of each member to renew his/her membership every year and for this purpose he/she shall, in good time before the expiration of his/her membership, do all things necessary to ensure its prompt renewal.
For PDF click here